- 5 cups of sifted wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 5 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 sticks of shortening
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- Mix wheat flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add butter and shortening and mix quickly. Slowly pour evaporated milk and mix until the dough can be kneaded into a bowl.
- On a table place a non-stick DuraChef® sheet and roll the dough. Cut the biscuits with a biscuit cutter or a round cutter.
- Place another non-stick sheet on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes (you can use a gas or electric oven).
- Serve with butter and your choice of jelly.